Somerset is accredited as a Nonpublic Special Education school by the California Department of Education. It received the following commendations from its most recent review by the CDE.
- A Transition Resource Room equipped with Career Exploration Materials
- Volunteers in the Community Service Program
- Well-designed behavior management program (STAR) and Social Skills Program that incorporates daily themes within the counseling and guidance programs and integration into the instructional program
- Caring Administrators who demonstrate leadership and encourage collaboration
- Well-organized documentation and record management system.
- Positive learning atmosphere
- Well developed course syllabus and lesson plans
- Well developed High School Course Catalog, Credit Check process, Transcriptions and articulation process
Click to download the SARC document.